A major cement and building materials producer are seeking a Process Engineer to join their plant optimisation team in the United States. This role will report into the Process Manager and will be committed to improving HSE policies within the plants and other assets. This role will also provide technical support to the plant’s production, quality and environmental functions.
The Process Engineer plays a key role in the day to day operation of the plant having a strong influence on variable costs. Supported by the Process Manager and the plant team, will work closely with all plant functions to achieve plant Health, Safety, Environment, Quality and performance objectives.
Using process engineering knowledge and excellent analytical skills the successful candidate will be able to efficiently identify process abnormalities and improvements on a daily basis as well as longer term opportunities to optimise production performance.
- Maintain and continuously improve the Health, Safety and Environmental standards within the optimisation department and the wider site team.
- Analyse & monitor plant technical data on a daily basis using spreadsheets and plant Information tools.
- Ensure that technical surveys performed on the process are relevant and adequate.
- Work closely with the Process Technician to ensure all process checks are scheduled and completed as per department objectives.
- Conduct additional process studies/audits and generate reports as required to identify improvement/cost saving opportunities.
- Ensure that the site complies with all Regulatory Requirements.
- Ensure all process checks are scheduled and completed as per departmental objectives
- Carry out appropriate laboratory sampling and testing procedures.
- Take part in and lead site working groups for specific plant improvements.
- Assist in development and review of plant Standard Operating Procedures for the Control Room Operators.
- Assist with monitoring and improving site software control systems.
- Provide process engineering input to capital projects working closely with the Project Manager or Project Team.
- Achievement of Zero Harm Culture in the Plant.
- Propose actions/improvements to ensure that performance targets are met.
- Completed Process department objectives.
- Deliver plant improvements.
- Provide process engineering input to the daily operation and CAPEX Strategy.
- Maintain good relations with all plant functions to facilitate process improvements.
- Attend training courses/coaching sessions deemed necessary to aid personal development.
Degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering
- At least 2 years continuous plant based experience in a process related function on a cement, lime or minerals processing environment (ESSENTIAL)
To apply send your CV to email@example.com
Chad Harrison International is a global search and permanent solution specialist recruitment consultancy operating across the Cement, Aggregates and Industrial Minerals industry. Our mission is to be the company of choice that connects the best in the international market. For further information or to view our jobs go to www.chadharrison.co