A leading US Cement Producer are seeking a Health and Safety Manager for their plant in Texas. This person would be responsible for planning, developing, reviewing and administering the safety and health program for the Plant. You will update, establish and create new policies and procedures to meet current and known future safety and health requirements. Complete safety, health, record keeping and housekeeping audits of facility and make recommendations to eliminate workplace hazards, improve performance and eliminate avoidable accidents.
- Associates Degree in a Health and Safety related field required – Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration) and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations
- Two years minimum experience in a mining/cement environment
- Ability to train individuals and groups
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Candidates with the above experience are highly encouraged to apply. On offer is an attractive package and development opportunities with a large cement group.