A world leader in the mining and production of industrial minerals are currently seeking a Director of Mining and Geology for their operations in North America. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining a detailed understanding of existing reserves, work with sales, operations, and mining team to prioritize replacement reserves and new resources, coordinating knowledge of existing quality with new potential markets.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide visionary mine planning based upon geological data to ensure the best possible life-of-mine plans to minimize waste, facilitate strategic corporate decisions, and provide sustainable reserves into the future.
- Lead the mining engineering and geology departments.
- Ensure the company’s mining operations are operating in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible respecting mine life and balance, that operating practices are of the highest standards and that continuous improvement and sharing of best practices is ongoing.
- This is a working position and expectation is that successful candidate will assist in mining planning and resolution of mining issues as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering, or Geology
- Professional Engineer and/or Geologist designation is preferred or willingness to work towards
- Experience in designing and managing geological exploration programs and property acquisition is desired
- 8+ years’ experience in mine and quarry planning
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience with both open pit and underground mining
- Knowledge of mine planning software used in the industry
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
Candidates with the above experience are highly encouraged to apply. On offer is an attractive package and development opportunities within a highly desirable company.