Chad Harrison International
CHI is working with a major building materials client in the UK to find a SENIOR SITE MANAGER. This is a vital site for the company and a 24/7 manufacturing facility. You will be a leader in key areas including Production/Manufacturing, Health & Safety, Environment, best practice, development of the team and cost efficiencies.
- Hold overall responsibility for HSE on site, ensuring full compliance with relevant HSE regulations and zero accidents. Liaise with wider HSE professionals within the group and be a key stakeholder
- Embrace and implement continuous improvement methodologies to ensure a high class manufacturing environment, and achievement of short, mid and long term goals of the site and team
- Find ways to improve all aspects of the site including housekeeping, ownership, customer/supplier relationships, internal communication etc.
- Development of the team with progression plans, formal and informal training and empowerment for all team members to make suggestions and valuable contributions
- Work closely with key reporting managers (Production, Engineering/Maintenance, Office Manager, H&S Adviser etc.) to ensure accountability and setting achievable yet challenging targets
- Conducting or delegating 1-2-1s, disciplinaries, address under-performance
- Report regularly to senior management teams
- Plan and deliver cost efficiencies, ensuring best return on investment and minimal waste whilst maintaining quality and volume standards
- Work closely with key internal partners, e.g. commercial, logistics/supply chain, procurement, HR
- Work with local authorities and national regulatory bodies ensuring compliance
- Ensure environmental and local awareness to be a good neighbour and that the company is held in high regard by the local community
- Represent the company at external events and initiatives
You will offer:
- Relevant degree in a subject such as engineering, production/manufacturing management etc. or offer relevant high-level experience
- NEBOSH, IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
- Experience of managing a fast-paced complex manufacturing site with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work well at pace and in a high-pressure environment
- Financial acumen
- IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
On offer is a competitive benefits package and opportunity for progression with a major employer.
Chad Harrison International is a global search and permanent solution specialist recruitment consultancy operating across the Cement, Aggregates & Industrial Minerals industry. Our mission is to be the company of choice that connects the best in the international market. For further information or to view our jobs go to www.chadharrison.co