Chad Harrison International
A major industrial minerals producer is seeking a high calibre Production Manager to manage the production of material grades to meet customer demand in a safe and efficient manner and that personnel engaged in the production operations are supervised and deployed effectively working in accordance with company health, safety environmental and quality procedures.
- To manage production, storage, packing, loading and dispatch of all products to meet set targets of quantity, quality, and time and ensure that resources used deployed or operated in the most cost effective way.
- To arrange, deploy, supervise and motivate labour, ensuring that all appropriate personnel records and shift documentation is maintained and that work is allocated appropriately across the production department. Assist the Plant Manager in implementing the annual appraisal scheme.
- To ensure that any statutory duties are met and that the requirements of the site Health and Safety site rules, Environmental and Quality systems are complied with during the production operations.
- To co-operate with other members of the site management team and external company resources to ensure a process of continuous improvement in the sites production and maintenance operations.
- To assist the Plant Manager in cost control and cost reduction programmes particular in the area of new raw material trials in packaging and product trials.
- To co- operate closely with the Logistics Manager to enable material to be dispatched on time keeping him closely and accurately informed of stage of manufacture, raw materials and ingredients consumed and finished stock levels.
- To co-ordinate and plan the duties of the Production Shift Personnel to ensure that they fulfil their quality responsibilities and act to meet quality objectives and avoid quality complaints and failures.
- To fulfil the role of site Health and Safety Officer responsible for H&S improvements, initiatives, assessments and developing changes to improve the safety, operation and control of the Plant.
- To assist the Works Engineer when he is deputising for the Plant Manager particularly in Health and Safety continuing the momentum of the Safety Committee work.
- To be contactable out of office hours as a reference point for production queries specifically during peak production times or breakdown recovery
- To assist the Plant Manager in developing and coordinating the skills and training of all site personnel.
- Act as a Key H&S stakeholder for the site and the company, working closely with the H&S Manager and represent the Production teams at H&S meetings
- Delegate effectively to supervisors and ensure excellent communication and morale within the team
- Supervise on-site contractors and hauliers, ensuring strict adherence to site rules
- Production Management experience at a high-risk heavy manufacturing environment (mining/minerals industry experience highly advantageous)
- Supervisory and leadership experience of a diverse team of engineers and supervisors
- Degree in an Engineering specialism (preferred)
- NEBOSH or similar
- Excellent record of Health & Safety leadership
- Current valid right to work in the UK (visa sponsorship cannot be considered, unfortunately)
- Experience/certification in a continuous improvement area (desired)
On offer is an opportunity to work with a major international employer, offering a competitive compensation package and excellent progression & development opportunities. A relocation package can also be offered for high-calibre candidates.
Chad Harrison International is a global search and permanent solution specialist recruitment consultancy operating across the Built Environment industries. Our mission is to be the company of choice that connects the best in the international market. For further information or to view our jobs go to www.chadharrison.co