Chad Harrison International
Chad Harrison International is working with a world leading industrial minerals company. The company is seeking a Mine Manager to join the team based at a mining site in the Piedmont region, Italy. The Mine Manager will lead and manage all activities at the mine and will ensure a constant feed of quality ore from the Mine to the Sorting Plant and subsequently to the milling plant, maximising production and controlling costs.
- Fully supports the location health, safety, environmental and quality (HSEQ) programs by overseeing their implementation, maintenance and enforcement as well as compliance with Corporate programs.
- Directs subordinate Managers and Supervisors, and through them their staffs, ensuring their professional development, managing their performance according to established objectives and responsibilities, coordinating location goals with company strategic plans, and delegating authority as required.
- Responsible for safety of location employees, contractors, vendors and visitors, as well as compliance with Italian law, company safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality standards, create safety, health, environmental and quality objectives, and develop budget and cost controls.
- Oversees location efforts in these areas to ensure effective and sustainable implementation and enforcement.
- Manages and coordinates the capital planning process to ensure timely and optimal use of capital, in meeting production requirements and company goals.
- Oversees location ore control program that involves identification, planning and stockpiling of ore that will satisfy plant production and quality control requirements.
- Directs and coordinates engineering activities for the mining operation and ensures that operational components of mine planning are in place.
- Directs the mine planning and geology team on the development of the deposit.
- Coordinates activities the environmental team to ensure proper reclamation of deposit and mined materials.
- Coordinates activities with outside contractors, suppliers, and vendors and consults with cost control and purchasing personnel to assure cost-effective purchase of goods and services.
- Prepares reports and annual budget for the facility.
- Makes presentations to Executive Management, employees and the general public, responds to concerns from managers, employees and regulatory agencies.
- Applies knowledge of mining operations and/or engineering principles to assist with the investigation of improvement ideas and resolution of problem areas.
You will have:
- 5+ years’ experience of underground mining operations
- 3+ years of supervisory/management experience
- Degree in Mining Engineering, in Geology or Geotechnical Engineering (“Albo degli Ingegneri”) (Civil and Environmental Engineering with mine operations experience will be considered)
- Technical knowledge of mining and mining equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, ERP systems is desirable.
- Blasting, Geology and Survey knowledge and experience
- 3D mining software CAD experience (AutoCAD, and one of the following: Minesight, Surpac, CAE, Vulcan or Datamine)
- Project Management experience
- Fluent in Italian and English
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading multinational company with exciting progression opportunities and a competitive remuneration and benefits package on offer.
To apply for this position, please fill out the quick contact form.
Chad Harrison International is a global search and permanent solution specialist recruitment consultancy operating across several niche industries including Energy, Chemical, Built Environment, Life Sciences, Technology, Packaging, Mining & Metal industries. Our mission is to be the company of choice that connects the best in the international market.
We Consult | We Search | We Connect