Chad Harrison International
A major industrial minerals company are searching for a Mining Engineer to join their team in Asia Pacific.
This person will be responsible for Technical and Operational support for the development and implementation of operational best practice in all quarries and mines, including health and safety standards, mine planning, operational practices, equipment selection, equipment performance, sub-contractor management and mining cost controlling.
Initiation and support of special mining and optimization projects in the region.
- Conduct training of local mining engineers in advanced mining methods and on rock mechanics and “safe extraction concepts”.
- MOR (mining operations report), QMP (quarry material program) and mining CAPEX.
- Support to ensure compliance of local mining laws, environmental and safety regulations as well as company standards.
- Supporting of all activities in the field of surface and underground mine development and mining operation with the objective to establish long term, sustainable mining operations (safety, technical and economic aspects).
- Evaluate present and future mineral deposits in view of mining investment and development and optimized mining operation.
- Support the set up and improvement of primary processing plants (safety, technically and economical aspects.
- Collection, critical check and reporting of regional evaluated mining data (MOR/MCT/QMP). Evaluation and analyzing of regional mining costs and performance indicator.
- Internal audits and inspections of quarry’s and mines.
- Evaluation of green-field and brown-field mining projects (with Geology and Mineralogy).
- Scoping studies (with Geology).
- Evaluation of economics of new mining ventures & assistance in transport logistics.
- Realization of quarry & mine projects with local management team
You will have:
- Associate university degree (MSc) in mining or a commensurate level of experience.
- Proven >7 years’ experience in mineral mining (open pit and underground operational experiences).
- International exposure working with cultures & challenges
- Depth knowledge and proven experience of environmental and safety regulations related topics (hand on field experience)
- Ability to plan, develop and implement raw material strategies/mining plans.
- Experience with the mine planning software SURPAC or willingness to learn.
- Able to identify geotechnical risks and start action plans for quarry’s and underground mines.
- Experience with the selection and assessment of mining equipment (technical and economic)
- Experience with primary processing of ore.
- Able to read and interpret topographical and geological data like maps and reports.
- Able to read and interpret geotechnical reports.
- Problem solving skills to identify and correct quarry issues and deficiencies.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be equally effective in communication with senior management, external stakeholders and quarry level employees.
- Fluency in English and able to write technical reports – other languages desirable
- Willingness to travel up to 50% within the region Asia Pacific
Chad Harrison International is a global search and permanent solution specialist recruitment consultancy operating across the Cement, Aggregates & Industrial Minerals industry. Our mission is to be the company of choice that connects the best in the international market. For further information or to view our jobs go to www.chadharrison.co