Chad Harrison International
Chad Harrison International is working with a global market leading company specializing in the production and processing of Industrial Minerals. They are currently seeking a General Manager – Geology & Mining for their operations in West Asia.
This person will be responsible for working on geological environments and deposits across the region assisting local teams to improve geological knowledge and improve mining practices and predictability.
The job also entails a close coordination of the geologists and mining engineers of the company with the goal to implement world standards in all aspects of geology and mining.
This position is located in India with extensive travel across West Asia. The position holder will report directly to Managing Director.
Reserves and Resources Data
- Support Plant Managers for all the operational & development activities of West Asia and development of West Asia Geology & Mining team.
- Recording the accuracy of reserves and resources data.
- Experience in computer based geological modelling using Surpac
- Safeguarding geological information
- Coordinating the effort of the company to modernize systems and provide an electronic format of documentation for efficient safe keeping through off-site data storage and backup.
- Once geological models are established, local teams have to create life of mine plans adhering to safety requirements for each operation. These plans can then be converted to medium term and short-term plans for mining support.
- The job holder and his team help the divisions in the creation, updating and improvement of mine planning.
- Sound knowledge of factory compliances associated with mines
- Hands on experience in acquisition of new mines and consolidation of non-operational mines
Best practices/ Audits
- The job holder has a role of audit of compliance of the reporting of reserves and resources, as well as the mining practices with company standard. To document company “best practice” through exchanges with the various geologists and miners is also part of the assignment
- Participation to Due Diligence
- Participation with green field projects, to acquire new deposits in countries where the group does not traditionally operate.
You will have:
- MSc or equivalent geological degree, Mining engineering with a strong geology & Mining background
- The candidate must be fluent in English, Telugu, Hindi (additional languages will be a plus)
- Hands on experience of exploration, geological modelling mine planning and open cast mining operations, or (not the preferred option but possible) mining engineer with good knowledge in geology and statutory compliances related to mines
- Min 10 years of experience in relevant domain, knowledge of multi-minerals, multi-quarries and hands-on experience in International organization.
- Experience as a chief geologist or equivalent in an international company or business group is important.
- Full knowledge of Surpac software is preferred; knowledge of mining and geology software is necessary
- Deep knowledge of issues/challenges concerning listed companies
On offer is an attractive salary and an opportunity to join a world leading manufacturer.
Chad Harrison International is a global search and permanent solution specialist recruitment consultancy operating across the Cement, Aggregates & Industrial Minerals industry. Our mission is to be the company of choice that connects the best in the international market. For further information or to view our jobs go to www.chadharrison.co