Chad Harrison International
Chad Harrison International is working with a leading global company which is seeking a Director of Procurement to sit on their European executive leadership team providing strategic guidance to several European subsidiary companies within the group. The company are flexible on location however it will be office based in any of the following locations: Antwerp, Kiel, Amsterdam, Iserlohn, Vienna, Bern or Paris. However at least 25% of the time you be required at group HQ in Amsterdam.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Focus of this role is to maximise the potential of procurement within the group across all brands and countries (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxemburg, Netherlands and Switzerland) by establishing and executing a robust procurement strategy that is aligned with the business objectives
- The successful candidate will be responsible for strategically leveraging the scope, size and experience of the subsidiaries to produce goods and services which improves supply, service, availability and total cost management
- Responsible for financial performance through execution of sourcing strategies that deliver savings and higher value for the business
- Will align and implement standardised purchasing processes/systems to leverage group volume and resources
- Participate in and provide procurement leadership for cross country, cross-functional collaboration
- Manage performance with key suppliers to ensure all service level agreements are achieved
- Responsible for leading and developing a team of procurement specialists to deliver aggressive savings targets across the group (3-4 Direct Reports)
You will have:
- The ability to build and maintain relationships, whilst operating and influencing successfully at all levels of an organisation, across all business functions and to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with the credibility to influence key stakeholders at all levels, to drive the strategy forward
- Demonstrable track record of defining and implementing leading edge procurement strategies
- Extensive proven experience in managing supplier relations
- Detailed knowledge of the use of technology for enhancing procurement processes
- Vast experience of leading key negotiations, drafting and implementation of contracts and ongoing supplier management to deliver sustained benefits (in a wholesale background would be favourable)
- Educated to degree level, masters would be advantageous
- Fluency in English is required other European languages would be beneficial in order of importance German, French, Dutch
In return, you will get the opportunity to join a truly global company who offer great career opportunities and are redefining their industry. As well as this the company will offer a very attractive salary and benefits package.
Chad Harrison International is a global search and permanent solution specialist recruitment consultancy operating across several niche industries including Energy, Chemical, Built Environment, Life Sciences, Technology, Packaging, Mining & Metal industries. Our mission is to be the company of choice that connects the best in the international market.
We Consult | We Search | We Connect
Job Ref: 2253