Chad Harrison International
Chad Harrison International is working with a leading European cement producer who are seeking a Plant Manager to join their team in Eastern Europe on one of their flagship plants.
The Plant Manager will provide leadership, guidance and direction for plant operations, ensuring sustainable performance aligned with strategic corporate objectives and delivery of business commitments. They will be responsible for optimizing labour; safety on site; material and equipment resources to maximize plant strategic production capability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service as the site takes on increased customer volumes.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong cement technical background and will be able to build a vision referenced to experience in “best in class” cement plant management.
The Plant Manager will also be responsible for representing the company with external bodies and authorities and for engaging with local community and other stakeholders to develop progressive relationships ensuring that our client is viewed as a valued member of the industry and local community.
- Operating a safe Plant, continuously driving towards sustaining a positive safety and health culture.
- Develop a long-term vision for the plant
- Provide exemplary leadership, setting demanding standards and driving high performance from team.
- Build a customer focussed performance culture within the business and a climate to inspire the team to achieve world class performance and reliability.
- Ensure that the production commitments in terms of volume, deadlines, and product conformity are met.
- Ensure the plant complies with legislation, with specific regard to health & safety, environmental and employment laws.
- Ensure product quality meets agreed targets and ensure the plant capability is sustained through optimisation of the process.
- Manage the operating and capital budgets, maintaining a vigilant approach to reducing costs.
- Ensure a proper management and maintenance of the plant’s physical assets, particularly the quarry reserves.
- Lead and manage change programmes with clear goals, drive and engagement; Drive for continuous improvement.
- Ensure positive working relations with employees and their representatives within the plant.
You will have:
- University degree in mechanical/chemical engineering or relevant equivalent
- Min. 3 years of experience managing a large modern cement plant
- Min. 10 years’ experience within the cement industry, managing projects for heavy industry or in an engineering company
- Active knowledge of English language is necessity
- Ambitious attitude with a drive to grow within an exciting global business
- Proven technical, operational and managerial skills
- Leadership skills, strong communication ability, and proven ability to deliver results
- Profound knowledge of cement production process
- Good understanding of project costing structure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with people management
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an industry leading company with impressive progression and development opportunities
Chad Harrison International is a global search and permanent solution specialist recruitment consultancy operating across the Built Environment industries. Our mission is to be the company of choice that connects the best in the international market. For further information or to view our jobs go to www.chadharrison.co